Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pumpkin Ravoli

Tonight I am pureeing my plum tomatoes. I haven't done this for a while and it took about half an hour for me to figure out how to fit the cylindar with the spring and the fins that scrape the seeds and skins off. Lovely cool weather for canning. The past two days have been in the mid to upper 70's - feels positively frigid after four days of upper 90's early last week. And I couldn't resist trying a recipie for roasted pumpkin ravoli last night and found the perfect little pumpkin in the Amish farmer's market Saturday.
Roasted the pumpkin with garlic, sage and thyme.


...... and about an hour later, here is the finished product. Much bigger effort than I thought it would be. Every surface in the kitchen was covered with pots, pans and bowls. It didn't help that I put the food processor together wrong and a lot of cream leaked out when I was pureeing it.
And HB is not a big fan of meals like this so I didn't even get much of a fanfare. It was really scrumptious and I kept thinking that ABJ and SJ would really have appreciated it - and been a big help in making all those little raviolis.



2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, how many did it make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was supposed to make 48 but I pooped out at about 30 so I have lots of leftovers.

    ReplyDelete