Sunday, August 8, 2010

Following up on the Garlic

You might remember that I planted garlic last fall. I was extremely discouraged that during the weeks before I was supposed to harvest them, the temperature soared into the high 90's and we didn't get any rain for a month. By the time I decided to dig them up, I had to hack them out of dried concrete blocks of dirt and they looked sadly small. I put them all in the basement where it is cool to let them dry out and have started using about a week ago. This is what they looked like when I dug them up. And this is what they look like when they are cleaned up. Rather smaller than what I expected, but the little cloves are very good and intense. Not sure I would try this again though. Too much effort for the cost ($28) and work.

1 comment:

  1. not too bad considering ours were vaporized by the squirrel :)