Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Christmas Again

I am running into some difficulties with my Christmas ideas. Number one is that I can't find the type of wooden hanger I need anywhere. I have 3 that I bought in the UK about 10 years ago and that's it. They have to be a simple skinny almost straight piece of wood that has the hook attached to it. I have searched the internet and I can't even find anything close. Martha Stewart had an article on how to make stuffed hangers but no hint of where to get the bases. A couple of people wrote in and asked where to get them and someone else replied that she found lots of hangers in Target and Walmart. I don't know what Target and Walmart she has been shopping at but it sure isn't on their websites or in the stores around here. Looks like I am going to have to buy some cheap padded hangers, rip them apart and recover them.

The other issue is with the dried lavendar - but is solvable with money. I found some great sources on the internet and also found that a pound contains 15-18 cups, which is close enough for me. The only issue is that the tax, handling and shipping for a pound of lavendar costs about the same as the lavendar itself. I can't bring myself to order it yet but I will probably give in.

No comments:

Post a Comment